I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Together...Longer than Forever!!!!

Jeremy & Nikki Barber Family

Friday, October 10, 2008

What a DAY!!!!


Today, I questioned my ability to parent wisely. Dani found my ink pad that I had left out on the dining room table. I would LOVE to be able to blame that on someone else, there are three other adults in the house, but alas the blame is mine. She opened up the ink pad and stamped her leg, the inner calf of her left leg. Which she then proceeded to run her little fingers through and smear all over her little body.
She had ink on all 10 fingers and every appendage. The worst part about this whole story, is that in the next picture you can see where I left the ink pad. I closed it, but left it again on the table...and you guessed it, she did it again. Which is why I had to question my ability as a parent. She had fun playing with it. After she played with it she got to have a bath, one of her favorite things, OF COURSE SHE WAS GOING TO GO LOOKING FOR IT AGAIN. Sometimes I wonder if my brain functions at a high enough level to teach my children the important things in life. I had already started to clean it up when I realized that it was a funny situation that needed to be remembered forever by pictures. The ink came off of the table no problem. Right now, almost 12 hours later, there are still gray marks on Danilynn's little body.

After that experience, I needed some brownies, well, needed is not the correct word. WANTED is more accurate. Dani loves to stir any type of batter, but licking the spoon was a new experience for her. She loved it. She had the biggest smile on her face when I gave the spoon to her and showed her what to do with it

She is so strong and helpful. I was amazed that she could lift the bowl. I caught this picture on accident and I was so grateful that I did. I think it is so cute. Check out her little panties. She finds them in her drawer and makes us put them on over her diaper. She is growing up too fast. Before I know it, she will be going to kindergarten. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WoW! I think I just spent a half hour on your blog! It was so fun to see all the darling pictures and see whats going on in your life! I need to visit your blog more often! Your kids are ABSOLUTELY Darling!!! I miss ya! Good luck with the potty training! Oh what fun! The joys of motherhood!