I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Together...Longer than Forever!!!!

Jeremy & Nikki Barber Family

Saturday, October 18, 2008

So Proud...

Jordan is doing great on his mission. Here is a letter I just recieved from him.
Hey fam,Hows is everyone doing? Sounds like you all had a great week. We too had an awesome week. Yes mom, i barely squeezed into my white pants but i think that i am getting skinnier because it was a little bit easier this time. Yolanda and her daughter, Solange got baptized, it was such a relief to finally see them get baptized and great to the fruits of all our work. We really did have to fight to get her in the water though, satan just did all the he possibly could to keep her from getting baptized. First of all they got there like half an hour late and she told us that everything that could have went wrong, went wrong and that she had just had a really tough day. She told us that even her and her husband had been arguing and as you can see satan was really working. but thats not all, when they finally got there to the stake center Yolanda had forgotten her white tunica for the baptism so me and my comp had to go back to our apartment to get another one and then she finally got baptized it was quite a stressful day but a very awesome day at the same time. Yolanda and Solange are very excited to members of the church and to have been given the opportunity to start their lives over again with a clean slate. The two sons have changed their minds about getting baptized for now but still go to church and everything, i know that sooner or later they will get baptized. The husbands name is Ciro but he still is not wanting anything to do with baptism, lots of prayer and faith will do the trick. Well last night we got the call from the district leader and i have changes. Tomorrow i will be in my new sector. I am excited to see where i will go and who will be my new companion but at the same time i am very sad. I have really grown to love the members here, i have been here for six months now and i feel like i am in my own ward at home. Oh well the Lord knows what he is doing and has work for me in another sector.Well fam gotta go, thanks for everything and i love you all very much.
Jordan Walker

No comments: