I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Together...Longer than Forever!!!!

Jeremy & Nikki Barber Family

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Jeremy Lynn Barber Jr.

I didn't feel very big, but I felt very ready to not be pregnant anymore.
Here He Is. J.J. came into the world at 5:55 am on August 7, 2008. It was a great delivery, as good as any delivery can go. I had a great nurse, Amy, and my mom-in-law. I wouldn't have made it without them and Jeremy by my side.
J.J. is 6 lbs and 3 oz. and 19 1/2 in long.
Daddy was very proud of his little man. Dani was so excited to see him. Can you believe this little smile?
Nana worked the four days before J.J. was born and then stayed up all night long with Jeremy and I. Then she took Danilynn home and had her for two days straight.
Papa's Picture. He has one of these for all of his little grandkids.
Danilynn can't get enough of lil' J.J. She wanted to hold him and didn't want to let anyone else have their turn.This is Anne Terai. She is Addison's mommy and she was also the doctor on call the night that I delivered J.J. She is such a great doctor and she was so supportive. She has been such a blessing for our little family. Daddy loves the little bubby!!!
Danilynn came to visit us and she was so excited to hold her little brother.
She took a seat in the rocking chair and read herself a little story. She is always entertaining herself. She is such a great daughter. We love her so much.

She is telling us we need to be quiet so that J.J. can sleep. She is so concerned about him it is so cute.
Say Cheese with Mommy!!!

It is a good thing that these two have each other because they are both snuggle bugs. The world is always so much better when your Daddy's arms are around you.Some good love from Big Sis.Smile!!!On Friday August 8th, J.J.'s nurse noticed that he was breathing really fast. He turned really red and couldn't slow down. They had to take him back to the nursery and put him in an oxygen tent, draw his blood, take a chest x-ray and start and I.V. He stayed in the oxygen tent for about 8 hours. Those were some hard hours for me and Jerm. We couldn't hold him and I couldn't nurse him. When went to go see him the first time he was crying and upset. He calmed down as soon as he heard his daddy's voice. It was so cool to watch. I sat there with tears in my eyes and a prayer in my heart and I was comforted so much by the fact that J.J. was so visibly comforted by his Dad.

Ready to go Home. Once J.J. was released to leave the hospital, we couldn't get out of there fast enough. Daddy and Nana went shopping to get an outfit to travel home in. I love these little overalls. He was totally drowning in them, but he was so cute in them.Can you tell that we had to put his shoes on to hold his socks on? These overalls are suppose to be shorts but little J.J. is just too little. He was ready to go home and see his family.

4 comments:

Cami and Jason said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to come down and see him!!
Cami

Emily said...

YEAH!!!!!! Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!! Nothing is more special than a new little one to love. He is so precious. We hope you are all doing well and that big sister doesn't give baby Jeremy TOO much love!!

Jessica said...

You look so gorgeous, you hair is beautiful. and your little ones are adorable. i love Dani's curls. Congrats on J.J. at first I thought he was named after me;) Love you!

Lisa-Marie said...

Nikki,

I am so behind! Congratulations (belated) on your sweet little JJ. he is darling! And Dani....what a cutie. Her smile is priceless! Hope everyone is adjusting well.

That picture of you with the towel on your head....you look beautiful!

Lisa-Marie