I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Together...Longer than Forever!!!!

Jeremy & Nikki Barber Family

Friday, July 23, 2010

Jerm's Owie...

For those who didn't know, the morning Jenna passed away, was my first day at my new job. About 45 minutes before my lunch hour, I get a text: "do you think you can come home early for lunch?" So...I give Jerm a call trying to get information out of him. Why do I need to come home? What is going on? All he would tell me was, "I think I need to go to the emergency room. Will you just come home?" So I jump into the car, and I get home, and Jerm has a towel wrapped around his hand. SCARY!!! I give Erika a call, and she said, "bring over you kids". So the kids had their first experience being watched by Erika. After convincing J.J. that crying was not helping, she said that he did okay. So...back to Jerms finger. He was mowing the lawn, and something got stuck in the blade, so he turned off the lawn mower, and lifted up the flap to remove whatever was stuck, and when the unwanted object was removed, the blade had one final spin to rotate, and it literally hit his finger so hard it blew the top off. He wasn't cut by the blade, just the pressure from it's impact exploded the fingertip. So, stitches were needed. While we were in Idaho, Jerm decided to remove his stitches, and just glue his owie back together. If we were smart, we would have glued it to begin with.
Lesson Learned!

No comments: