I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Together...Longer than Forever!!!!

Jeremy & Nikki Barber Family

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jerm and I were married 3 years ago. It is so hard to believe. Some days it feels like we have never been apart, and others it feels like we have only been together a short time. There is great comfort in knowing we will always be together forever. We have a very interesting story for our posterity. Jerm and I met in the singles ward in Payson, Utah. We hung out in the same group of friends. Jerm and I really didn't know each other that well. We were always at the same place with our friends, but me being myself, tried to set Jerm up with some of the other girls in the ward. (STUPID, STUPID ME!!!) Anyway, my friends, Heather and Kelly, came and picked me up one Friday night. They told me we were going to Jerm and Neto's house. I said, "OK whatever". I had never been there before, and I really wanted to see their house. Well, Jerms parents were up from Arizona, they were cleaning out the adjoining property (the shop), preparing to open it for business. Jerm was walking us through the backyard to show us the inside of the shop and he yells to his mom, "Meet the girls." and She yells back, "Hello Daughters." Right then I knew that she would be my mother in law. That scared the poopers out of me. I was in the mind frame of being single forever and I really didn't know Jerm. I don't remember much of what happened that night. The next day, Jason and Jerry, Jerm's brother and dad, came into Bon Lossee (beauty school) to get their hair cut. I was booked so I told them that I would come over to the house after school and cut their hair there. Which turned out well. I convinced Jerry to grow a goatee. He hadn't shaved in days (Now I know that is very unlike Jerry, who I know now shaves 3 times a day.) I took off because all of Jason's in laws were coming over to the house to watch fireworks for the 4th of July. Jerm invited me, but I felt weird with it just being family there. The next day in Sacrament Meeting Jerm sat next to me for the first time. We haven't been to a Sacrament Meeting since where we haven't sat together. He held my hand that night at Ward Prayer. We were holding hands during "movie night". It was hilarious. Kelly noticed we were holding hands and that Jerm had his arm around me. She text Heather and asked her if she knew what was going on. All of the sudden every one's phone in the room was ringing. They were all texting each other trying to find out who know what. We were laughing. We love our friends.
We had our first Kiss that night after "movie night". We stayed up all night. Three days later Jerm proposed. We weren't officially engaged until July 14th, (I think) We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on September 9, 2005.

We have walked side by side ever since.

We are so much more in love today than we were 3 years ago.

Can you see the face in the clouds? Who do you think was watching our wedding from "above"?

The Walker Family:
top: Joie Kaye, Jordan, Jon holding Whitney, Brittany, Jenna, Erika holding Justin
bottom: Dad, Mom, Me, Jerm, Anna (Jerrod and Erikas), Kiaya (Jon and Brittany)
not photographed: my brother Jerrod who was Serving our Country in Iraq.

The Barber Family:
top: Jason and Cami
bottom: Brent (who I would photoshop out if I could and replace him with Suzie's hubby Ernest.) Me, Jerm, Cathy, and Jerry
Grandma Hale, my moms mom. The only living grandparent for both of us.
Mostly everyone who was in the sealing room. A lot of my Aunts and Uncles had to get back to work.
Now, three years later, we have been so blessed with our children. Heavenly Father has definitely "opened up the windows of heaven and poured his blessings down upon us." (Hopefully we will always have room enough to receive who he sends us.)

Danilynn Rose, born April 10, 2007

Jeremy Lynn Jr born August 7, 2008

We Will Always Be Together Forever!!!!

3 comments:

~Hartwig Family~ said...

That face in the clouds is probably one of the coolest pics I have ever seen. You look so beautiful!

~Hartwig Family~ said...

Ok, so here is the webpage for the digital scrapbooking. It is free so just play around. They have pre-made templates or you can make your own. Simple to use and literally a five year old could do it! www.scrapblog.com

When you are done you can export it as a JPEG and save it to a file of your choice. Let me know if you have any questions!

Andrea Holley said...

It's fun to see your wedding pictures! So glad I was at your reception that night - it was beautiful and you were a beautiful bride!